Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    Loaded term, loaded argument.
    Who appointed you judge, jury & executioner? You fascist book-licking right-wing gun-nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Who appointed you judge, jury & executioner? You fascist book-licking right-wing gun-nut.
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

First off nobody here would do a damn thing. You all say you would, but lets face it no you wouldn't so just shut up.

If you say you would have drawn your weapon on this guy, then what? He pulls a gun on you and you are in a shoot out in the harbor freight parking lot next to a main road. When you shoot sally whos jumping rope now you killed a little girl. Nice fucking job, but that lady got her 45 dollars back and you're in jail.
        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

And here I was, going to the Orange store because I dont like the Bridgeport store's location. WHELP, guess that argument is out the window.

For reals though, I dont understand why Will and Kappy are getting flak for this. They couldnt do anything, but see it happen. Even if the woman WAS carrying, that doesnt mean anything would have happened different. If she had a gun in her purse, guess what, he still stole it. Could it have prevented the mugging? Sure, but that doesnt mean it would have.
          Amherst or Bust!
          19 JL

Comment

Originally posted by Odinthor View Post
            Could it have prevented the mugging? Sure, but that doesnt mean it would have.
            What point is this pushing? Lol
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

What point is this pushing? Lol
              Hopefully not the one you're concerned im pushing. Lol. Im not pushing anti-gun if thats what youre worried about. Afterall, Im sitting here waiting for my pistol permit to come back from the PD.

Im pushing back against the idea that some people use of guns preventing violence all the time. The idea that 'oh if she had a gun it wouldnt have happened'. No one here knows the circumstances of what happened, so its pointless for us to argue over what you and Kappy should have done.
              Amherst or Bust!
              19 JL

Comment

Even if the woman WAS carrying, that doesnt mean anything would have happened different. If she had a gun in her purse, guess what, he still stole it. Could it have prevented the mugging? Sure, but that doesnt mean it would have.

Agree. Surely there are circumstances, though extremely rare, that carrying a gun would be useful. I don't think this is one of them.

The point I was trying to make above is that in my opinion, bringing a gun into the situation you described above where the thief was almost in his car by the time anyone realized what was happening wouldn't have been warranted and probably would not have changed the outcome.
                97 XJ.

Comment

Got ya.

I think this specific situation, while maybe not being a direct example, is a great argument for concealed carry based on what I said to Harry before. The police will not protect you, nowhere is assumed safe just because there are people around and it is mid-day in a normal area by an extremely busy main road.

Protect yourself against the unexpected was merely my point, not that this specific guy should have been gunned down by myself or Kappy. We did have a gun, after all.
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

You should have chased them down with your sick cat-speed!

"Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
                      You should have chased them down with your sick cat-speed!
                      if i had cat reflexes, that woman would be safe today
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Protect yourself against the unexpected was merely my point, not that this specific guy should have been gunned down by myself or Kappy. We did have a gun, after all.
                        Now im just picturing a guy running down Main Street away from Harbor Freight while you and Kappy slowly and methodically pull out your AR-15 and just carefully sight him in and take him down with a single shot.

God thats terrible of me.
                        Amherst or Bust!
                        19 JL

Comment

I think I should start calling you "Cat-man", Will.

"Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                          It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Now im just picturing a guy running down Main Street away from Harbor Freight while you and Kappy slowly and methodically pull out your AR-15 and just carefully sight him in and take him down with a single shot.

God thats terrible of me.
                            thats what most guys on here would have done, other than us pussies
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I can't believe how many of you guys just bitched out because Will made a point about not being able to help the woman. Do any of you do anything on your own?

Will and Kappy, I'm sure there were circumstances that prevented you from helping..
                              But you should have chased him down and then mugged him. Pussies.
                              Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Oh, and I was going to post the Seinfeld video too.
                                Nice, Zach.
                                Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X