No Dashlights or Tail/Running lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Dashlights or Tail/Running lights

fuse blows every time i put one in, its been happening since the drive TO rausch creek.

im just looking for opinions on were to start.

if i check the fuse block i get 12 volts from the fuse that blows, so im guessing its grounded somewhere.

tomorrow im going to unhook the headlight switch and check for short and then im going to pull the taillight and start cutting off sockets ( i have already checked those wires and sockets visually) but maybe there is something i cant see

i guess i need to check the front running light sockets too

my last resort is pulling interior and unwrapping the harness, but i want some more ideas before i go through that headache

Kick it and push the hard reset
    OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
    General Tires are

Comment

I had a similar problem. I had to replace the headlight switch, 2 fuses, and double check all wiring..make sure it's not grounding out under back seat. Id like to say the head light switch made the difference
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Check the rear hatch glass switch. They tend to ground out and blow fuses, then ground out to the rest of the light circuits in the back. That thing was in a front end collision, right? check the harness where it's close to the left inner fender, where it goes through the firewall, and check the main breakers behind the passenger kick panel.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
        X