Freeze plug blowout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeze plug blowout

My Comanche hates its 3rd (from the front) freeze plug. Its blown out two of them. Compared to the other 4, its hole seems a little bigger. Basically you can just pop the plug into place and it will look fully seated before start to bang it in.

The first plug it blew out i had used RTV. lasted for 50 minutes of run time.
    The second plug i didnt use RTV, lasted for like 3 weeks of local driving and one highway trip.

A third plug is going in tomorrow and the question is.... would you jb weld in a steel plug, use a rubber expanding plug, or fucking tack weld it to the block.

Bend the rim of the plug out some, then Jb weld it

Comment

If you jb weld it in, you might as well just tack it in cuz it no longer will do its job.

Rubber plugs are the worse.
      dirty30

Comment

yeah Ive already put in another an jb welded it. if the coolants going to freeze and needs to blow one out then there are 5 others. If they made plugs that were like less then a millimeter bigger then I would have went for that, but they dont.

i bought a rubber one to keep in the truck for if/when it comes out again.

Comment

Uhhhh freeze? No, that should never happen. What are you running for coolant?

Comment

Working...
          X