YJ sending unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ sending unit?

Can someone tell me the dimensions of a YJ sending unit. Is there a rectangle one and a circle? Im looking at the rectangle one and may try to use it in a fuel cell but wanna make sure it will fit on there. Also does anyone know the fuel pressure and flow that the stock pump will put out? Thanks.
    2 Broncos are better than 1

i just did mine last night, flow and pressure specs would have to be googled, but i could grab you any dimenisons you want, just let me know

Comment

yj is 30-40psi, a tj setup is 45-54 psi

Comment

I think that would work for me. I just need to know how big the rectangle part where it bolts to the tank is.

Comment

k ill grab some pics and measurements for ya in a few

Comment

heres some rough dimensions of mine

6x4.75 " and 11 inches deep ( measured to the bottom of the return )

Comment

Thank you. The only other thing im wondering is do you think there is anyway i could a hose onto the bottom of the pump instead of the sock? I wanna run snowmobile pickups.

Comment

if you pull the sock there is a round input, so imagine it would be pretty easy to setup a snow mobile pickup

Comment

Thank you so much, you have been very helpful. It is hard to judge by pictures online. And i couldnt find the dimensions I suck at finding information on the internet.

Comment

yup np, ill have my old sending unit kicking around if you need anything else, ive been thinking about a fuel cell behind my back seat, but my yj has 2 little storage space as is.

i always take the cheap route, last time i did a fuel cell setup i retrofitted a 14 gallon marine tank ( $75 bucks) i didn't have a fuel gauge though

Comment

I just bought an aluminum rci 17 gallon for about 200 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by Customjob View Post
                        I just bought an aluminum rci 17 gallon for about 200 shipped
                        Make sure you secure it well
                        97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                          Make sure you secure it well
                          Or else we will steal it
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

The last time he had an undersecured gas container in the back of his rig, it hit him in the head and leaked gas everywhere and got him high on fumes.
                            97 XJ.

Comment

yeah but then i almost made it up devils den

Comment

Working...
                              X