Bumper Builds, lotta pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper Builds, lotta pics...

Well for my senior design class I decided I wanted to make a tubing bender, build a front bumper and rear bumper with tire carrier for my K5 Blazer... so much work and my home made tubing bender. The tools of the trade? horizontal band saw, 4" angle grinder, bridgeport, and welder.

I wont drag this out to long so ill add lots of pics, www.gottrikes.com for the plans for the tubing bender.

I used blazen-offroad, ord and bunch of other Ck5.com bumpers for inspiration.

Now for the front bumper!

Now for the rear bumper!!!

That came out really nice, dude.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

hell yeah man. Shit's tits.
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

very cool

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

very nice!
          89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
          95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
          97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
          If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Looks good
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

nice job!, have/are you going to build any cages with that?

Comment

How much did it cost over all to make the bender?

Comment

I do plan on building a cage.. in reality it prob cost me about 500bucks for the tubing, hydro/air ram, and die, and LOTS of time... so much time drilling on a bridgeport. It works great cuz my garage is small and i like the fact its not bolted to the ground.

Comment

Really nice work man. A lot to be said for making your own bumpers but to make your own tools to make your own bumpers is really cool. The only advice I have for you is to maybe slow your wirefeeder down and work it if you want your beads a little prettier. Those welds definately aren't going anywhere though. Nice job.
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig
                    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
                      Really nice work man. A lot to be said for making your own bumpers but to make your own tools to make your own bumpers is really cool. The only advice I have for you is to maybe slow your wirefeeder down and work it if you want your beads a little prettier. Those welds definately aren't going anywhere though. Nice job.
                      Ah thanks Owen, yeah i will take any welding advice, i will try that next time around, i felt like after i had some undercut when i looked at the welds but i am quite proud of em all! haha

Comment

Sweet Chevy man!!!! Nice job on the bumpers
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by stockk5 View Post
                          Ah thanks Owen, yeah i will take any welding advice, i will try that next time around, i felt like after i had some undercut when i looked at the welds but i am quite proud of em all! haha
                          You should be, they certainly don't look bad, again nice job.
                          Last edited by OWEN; 11-22-2010, 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
                          1950 Willys Trail Rig
                          2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

damn man that looks really good. did you get plans for the bender or come up with it yourself?

oh and is that your sinister dna?

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                              damn man that looks really good. did you get plans for the bender or come up with it yourself?

oh and is that your sinister dna?
                              www.gottrikes.com and yes one of my bikes

Comment

Working...
                              X