Homebrew Uni Stiffiners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
    yeah its just a matter of me getting it maybe Ill stop being a cheap bastard and go buy it I have a bottle just need gas and wire...
    Need a new stinger if I`m not mistaken or at least a tip, plus a regulator for the bottle. They sell conversion kits
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
      Need a new stinger if I`m not mistaken or at least a tip, plus a regulator for the bottle. They sell conversion kits
      I have everything regualtor and all just need wire i think theres even a little gas left in my bottle lol
      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

So i take the jeep down the highway tonight and constantly got death wobble headed home and jump in the woods on the way I figured it was just my bad control arm bushings so no worries. Well i meet up with my buddies and when i look under the truck this is what i find

The uni rail is fuckedddddddddd..... Think im going to try to save it and plate the rails so i can wheel the unibody run... from there im not sure what im going to do... maybe part it out and build a yj on tons? or a bronco? or keep fixing it... any insight on repairing this would be great!!! ohh and after we limped my jeep home my buddies early bronco ended up on the lid! thank god for his cage!

Of course a pic of the roll over!

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

jeeze what on long island caused a roll over...
          -Jason
          99WJ 4.0
          IRO 3", SYE, D30 aussie/8.8 aussie, 4.10s, 33's, skids/bumpers

Comment

Originally posted by lakailimited06 View Post
            jeeze what on long island caused a roll over...
            theres a couple of climbs out by me that go vertical one of which he went down....

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

cracks around the steering box happen all the time. get an inner brace (like tnt or c-rok) then plate the underside and outside. plug welds are your friend.
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Well my fix for the cracks were to drill a hole at the end of each crack and then weld them and grind smooth. Then took a piece of 1/8" and welded it to the bottom over the major crack to brace it... Im kinda at the point of thinking of parting this one and starting over with another shell thats straight and clean and starting off by plating the entire unibody. My current one has already cracked here and the doors close like shit so My concern is that it wont stop cracking from here..

Anyways this is how i fixed it for now see how it holds at the uni run

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

I agree with that.
                  last 4x4 I had that started getting cracks just got worse.
                  Every time I'd fix one area another area would break.
                  Finally got fed up and junked it.
                  88 XJ / 6"lift Long arms/ Front Locker / Homemade Bumpers/ 33 dickcepts Crusher's

Comment

Working...
                  X