8.8 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.8 Swap

As you all know I just picked up a ford 8.8 and it is all setup for the TJ already. 4.10s, all brackets welded up already, ebrake cables etc.

I was just wondering if there was anything else I am going to need for the disk brake conversion?
    Thanks
    Hench

ATM anyone?

proportioning valve out of a zj w/ discs

calipers need moar juice than wheel cylinders
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Thats what I thought would be one of the items that I need

Thanks Sam
      Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

does the zj valve mod only do something under hard braking? and doesn't it also make it so if the rear line blows out now your front lines will loose pressure too and you'll have no brakes?
        2 tj's
        3 yj's
        2 xj's
        i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
          does the zj valve mod only do something under hard braking? and doesn't it also make it so if the rear line blows out now your front lines will loose pressure too and you'll have no brakes?
          no and no. it sends more power to the back pretty much under all conditions bc discs dont lock up as easily. you still have two chambers in the master, so if you blow a line you dont lose all braking.

Comment

cool sounds good
            2 tj's
            3 yj's
            2 xj's
            i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

I did not feel like I needed the proportioning valve swap. so I did not do it. and it feels fine.

-Hawk
              Last edited by HitItWithSomeSpeed; 02-11-2009, 09:56 PM. Reason: I'm hawk, not fred
              "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
              It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

my rear brakes didnt do shit until I swapped the zj prop valve in.

big brake calipers simply require more fluid than dinky wheel cylinders
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                X