2015 Renegade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riot View Post
    Normally I would just assume SiS is just filled with haters, but I actually have heard this a lot lately... not even by Jeep snobs such as ourselves. Lol
    Im saying this as a tech working for Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge...

They are legitimately the worst decision you could make.
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
      Im saying this as a tech working for Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge...

They are legitimately the worst decision you could make.
      What types of issues? Just curious...
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
        What types of issues? Just curious...
        Tons of lost communication codes. Lin bus drop outs.

Only way to fix the issues is too flash the software, but half way through, they usually reject the flash, and then modules need replacing because they get permanently locked out... this causes all these modules to be on insane back order.

The list of recalls is hilarious. And my favorite part A LOT of them left the factory with the wrong Vin stamped on them. So Chrysler fix,.....send out a piece of paper that the owner must keep with the vehicle at all times... as long as that car is on the road, it HAS to be in that glove box to avoid huge fines from DMV/POLICE......

Comment

The list of recalls is hilarious. And my favorite part A LOT of them left the factory with the wrong Vin stamped on them. So Chrysler fix,.....send out a piece of paper that the owner must keep with the vehicle at all times... as long as that car is on the road, it HAS to be in that glove box to avoid huge fines from DMV/POLICE......
          I mean, that's not that inconvenient... You have to have your license in the car, as well as insurance and registration. One more piece of paper isnt that bad.
          dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
            I mean, that's not that inconvenient... You have to have your license in the car, as well as insurance and registration. One more piece of paper isnt that bad.
            I think you're down playing the amount of effort involved.

Also, think about the trees, the space it takes up, the extra paper you have to hand to the cop, then explain why as if he was going to check the VIN anyhow.
            God...

This was the deal breaker.

Why doesn't JEEP just send out iPad's with each vehicle and have all of that information stored there.

I'M OVER IT.
            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Crosstrek. Do it
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                Crosstrek. Do it
                Not a bad idea...
                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Best car I've ever owned
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

Tons of lost communication codes. Lin bus drop outs.

Only way to fix the issues is too flash the software, but half way through, they usually reject the flash, and then modules need replacing because they get permanently locked out... this causes all these modules to be on insane back order.

Why can't cars just be cars anymore?
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                      Why can't cars just be cars anymore?
                      Because lazy. People want inanimate objects to do things for them.

Comment

I think most people don't (and have historically never) really put too much thought into the the engineering side of a vehicle during a puchase. Unless of course, you are aware of how the numerous parts and systems in a motor vehicle function: a la a person like everyone here.

Most people want to be able to fit their doge/kids/etc, get the best mileage and look cool.

Still think they ole Ren'gade is p cool
                        dirty30

Comment

Working...
                        X