opinions on motive gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on motive gears

Anybody have experience with them? i have been attached to Justdifferentials (ct67_72 reference) but i was on ECGS and i can get same gears for 10 bucks cheaper and half the price in shipping
    so the question is Go cheaper with ECGS and motive gears or Justdifferentials with Nitro gears?
    98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Did you price with install kits too? I found just differentials usually has cheaper install kits. So even with the gears being more, the whole package comes out to be less.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I have ran both of those gears but on differant axles. Shreaded around 10 teeth off of the motive gear on a LP30 on 35s with a LSD. Had great luck with nitro gears, on multiple axles.

Comment

yeah just differentials is about 120 and ECGS is 100 although it doesnt come with a cover gasket but i usualy just use rtv for that
        Dan what bearings do just differentials use?
        98 xj, 4.0, AW4, 231 AA SYE, 4.5"RE/RC, CA drop brackets, 33s, and some other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Schickos881 View Post
          I have ran both of those gears but on differant axles. Shreaded around 10 teeth off of the motive gear on a LP30 on 35s with a LSD. Had great luck with nitro gears, on multiple axles.
          what ratio where you running? and im guessing that was the ring gear?

Comment

The nitro kits come with Koyo I think.
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
            www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I was running Lp30, 456, stock shafts, limited slip, and 35" mtz's. just a little wheel hop and bang. Yes it was the ring gear.

Comment

They are okay gears from what i've heard. Just check over the ring gear bolts they supply with their master install kits. We got some at the shop that were pretty horrible, just order some replacements from napa or the like if they're bad.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Im thinking of just going with the nitros. since dan likes them and installs them. repeatedly. at ECGS they are only 10 dollas more.

Comment

Working...
                  X