remote start problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote start problems

hey'all i put a bullydog remote start in my dads 2001 cherokee, it worked for a few days, not after the jeeps starts it will run for 30 seconds, shut offf and then start again, it will do this endlessly!

there is a cell right now, which i had to check, but i dont know if it would cause this problem

Check the wire for the engine position signal. 30 seconds seems long if thats the problem but it may be its default. It doesnt think its running. Then turns off, turns abck on to start again because it doesnt see signal.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

ok we are hooked to a gray wire in the pcm for tach, but i just figured out its not a tach wire..... so with coil packs where the fuck is the tach wire!!!

engine postion = tach wire correct?

Comment

From what I just read, Gray wire at the coil pack.
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

i have it setup to the point that i can start the jeep just by hooking ingition wires to 12v constant and starting it with the starter wire, but no matter what once i hook the remote start back up it starts then kicks off the damn relay and shuts it down, it will do it for 2 or 3 cycles then gives up,

Comment

If the module is programmed to see tach signal it wont stay running unless it does. Some are programmable to see 12v or are only timed to start. You can program the crank time so it doesnt need crank signal. Maybe you should see if its programmable for that and try it.
            Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Program to find voltage. I NEVER set the one i do for tach...pain in the balls
              Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
              didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
              Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
              he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
              Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
              i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Working...
              X