Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smittybilt SRC rocker guards - yes, no??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smittybilt SRC rocker guards - yes, no??

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_1212_07.htm

These actually came installed on my 06 TJ, and I ended up taking them off for the time being. Now that I've been wanting to take it wheeling more and more, I'm wondering if they actually offer good protection, or if they are more trouble than they're worth? They attach to the frame with U-brackets, and seem like they could get hung up on obstacles. Tubing seems thick enough to take some hits though, so just curious if any of you have experience with them, and would recommend them or not??
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

meh. I peticularly like those..
    I like these Smittybilt XRC Rock Sliders in Textured Black
    For 97-06 JeepĀ® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited
    Quadratec Part No: 12057.22XX.A
    This bolts to the body but also ties into the frame/body mount/s

Comment

Get the new jcr ones. So much cooler and stronger. I know you have those already, but you could sell them and get something much much stronger

http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/mercha..._Code=SWBS-Dlx
      Last edited by Pedro; 02-19-2013, 04:44 PM.
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
        Get the new jcr ones. So much cooler and stronger. I know you have those already, but you could sell them and get something much much stronger

http://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/mercha..._Code=SWBS-Dlx
        Wow, those are pretty slick looking. I was trying not to drill into the tub so soon lol, but I know that that style rocker guard is by far the best for strength and protection. I also just spent $300 on the factory rubicon diamond plate ones...

Maybe I'll sell them in the near future for a set of those JCR ones.
        2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

If tour looking for a quality rocker i fairly certain there will be some drilling involved. Also you Can't go wrong with AtoZ wheel well to wheel well rockers, Zach builds a quality product. For my own knowledge, does having the frame attachment provide that much more strength?
          Don't Panic

Comment

if you like the ones you got and already have them, just use them. they look like they will be fine. most trails you wont even hit that area on a wrangler between the short wheelbase and the million of other things that will hit first. most of the time the contact is brief and scraping on tight trails.

i ran some small ones on my tj (olympic 4x4)

up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
            eliminator MJ - Sold
            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

^^How are you liking the LTB's? I was thinking about getting a set of those in 32" on my stock moab wheels.

Comment

Working...
              X