custom sub boxes for wrangler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom sub boxes for wrangler

Just wanted to show everyone my custom sub box i built to fit perfectly into my TJ it fits two 10'' woofers down firing to keep them from getting wet and from being stolen the box cant be pulled out or taken out without unlocking tail gate unbolting the latch and pulling the box out and folding the seat very secure. Everything is notched out to fit the swinging tailgate hinges and what not. Let me know what you think.
    Also if you are interested in one for your jeep let me know i'm willing to build more.
    Last edited by ErikVilla; 04-08-2012, 09:28 PM.
    01 tj

Nice job, I had done the math back in highschool on how to build a bandpass box for my 12" Alpine Type R (fucker is pretty big) to fit like that behind the seat. never built it tho. Still have the plans I drew for it somewhere. I may build it at some point, but first I plan on building a different box for wheeling trips, one that sits behind drivers seat on the floor when the back seat is out so that I can still rock out and have maximum cargo capacity.

once again tho, thats pretty excellent. nice work.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Thanks man. This works out good for me because the trunk space is so small its barely usable for anything anyway. It stays put nice and snug and really puts out some good sound. I also grabbed some front dash adapter plates that let you use 5.25 rounds in the front dash instead of the 4x6 and its sounds a lot better with out the poping of the 4x6s .
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...fAudioQ5fVideo
      01 tj

Comment

looks really good. have you ever built a box that sits inside the rear seat? i'd be interested in paying for that

Comment

Originally posted by kev711 View Post
          looks really good. have you ever built a box that sits inside the rear seat? i'd be interested in paying for that
          Do you mean having the subs built into the cushioning of the seat or to fit in the tiny space under the seat?
          01 tj

Comment

Originally posted by ErikVilla View Post
            Do you mean having the subs built into the cushioning of the seat or to fit in the tiny space under the seat?

inside the actual seat. i found a link to it but don't have the time.
            http://www.jeepz.com/forum/accessori...rear-seat.html

Comment

inside the actual seat. i found a link to it but don't have the time.
              http://www.jeepz.com/forum/accessori...rear-seat.html
              Yea i actually seen this before this was my first thought when i was putting my sound system in, but decided to go with the box, But who knows maybe ill try it out some day. If i do ill post some pics
              01 tj

Comment

Originally posted by ErikVilla View Post
                Yea i actually seen this before this was my first thought when i was putting my sound system in, but decided to go with the box, But who knows maybe ill try it out some day. If i do ill post some pics
                if you do ever get it done, please let me know, i'll def pay you to build one for me. i have cash in had as i type this..lol

Comment

if you do ever get it done, please let me know, i'll def pay you to build one for me. i have cash in had as i type this..lol
                  haha Alrite ill probably work on one as soon as we get a weekend that is nice outside so i can pull out the table saw and power tools ill post the pics when i'm done .

Either way ill use it or sell it if it comes out good.
                  01 tj

Comment

want to build me some !!?? pretty cool! i just got a tj and i was thinking of just doing marine speakers so they can get wet
                    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                    -57 GMC Pickup
                    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Looks nice man, I built a box like that when i had a 95 wrangler, put one 15" kicker comp in and the thing hit hard, had it facing the back seat though. Is yours a sealed box?

Comment

Originally posted by TerraHauler View Post
                        Looks nice man, I built a box like that when i had a 95 wrangler, put one 15" kicker comp in and the thing hit hard, had it facing the back seat though. Is yours a sealed box?
                        sounds sweet. yes it a sealed box caulked it all with silicon . ive only built a ported box for my Cherokee when i had that, i had two 12s in that jeep it sounded amazing.
                        01 tj

Comment

Working...
                        X