Manual hubs on a 30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
    If you can find one with vac-disco, that could be useful in some cases. Probably don't feel like swapping the whole housing just for the mid-shaft disconnect, though. I wouldn't blame you.

Probably asked, but why manuals instead of a front Aussie? The locker's only engaged when there's power to the driveshaft, so in 2wd it's fine.
    Wanted to try something different. I was originally going to get a spartan when i geared the jeep but wanted to see if there was a improvement with the gears.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
      On an 89? did you swap front axles?

I thought Renix era was all vac-disco. My bad if I'm wrong, though.
      none of my renix era ones were vacuum disconnect
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by LittleD View Post
        Wanted to try something different. I was originally going to get a spartan when i geared the jeep but wanted to see if there was a improvement with the gears.
        Spartans are good I get a better deal on them than aussies.

What do you mean? "but wanted to see if there was a improvement with the gears"

You never answered the question. do you have 5 on 5.5 or 5 on 4.5 I don't think you can adapt 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 with hubs I don't think there is enough room.

Well I have the outers if you want them. $60
        I just want the center section.

If you want to do something different do what I'm doing for my buggy.
        This should be more than enough.
        HP60 with D44 35 spline TJ shaft come drilled both 5 on 4.5 and 5 on 5.5

Front HP44 with D50 outers redrill for 5 on 5.5
        D50 is 30 spline and you can upgrade D44 to 35 spline with an ARB.
        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
        www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

auto lockers in front in 2wd you will not notice a difference.
          Your talking about $250 for a Spartan done in a couple hours vs welding a carrier and putting outer knuckles on sounds like a lot of work for little gain.

All for doing something different so do as you wish it's your time and money.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

i have 5x4.5, and i wanted to see if the gears would improve my offroading experience (more torque in 4 low). I can get a spartan to my house for $220 which is deff going to be my choice unless i win the lottery and splurge on air lockers.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

i have 5x4.5, and i wanted to see if the gears would improve my offroading experience (more torque in 4 low). I can get a spartan to my house for $220 which is deff going to be my choice unless i win the lottery and splurge on air lockers.

D44 5 on 5.5 hubs are 3.5" diameter I don't think it is enough room for 5 on 4.5

$220 is a good price what are you waiting for??
              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post

$220 is a good price what are you waiting for??

A job!

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

A job!
                  Start raking leaves.
                  Every landscaper is going to need a hand soon.

Joking I know it's hard to find a job.
                  RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                    Start raking leaves.
                    Every landscaper is going to need a hand soon.

Joking I know it's hard to find a job.
                    i am a landscaper.....for my dad......without pay( i get paid in gas and a few parts here and there)

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I would be able to get adapters for the bolt pattern correct? and what is involved in putting the 44 outers?, i would like to spool the front (of course they don't make them for the 30) and just unlock the hubs for the street. I think that i might just save the money for a cable locker
                      theres a reason you cant get spools for front axles (well you can get them for 44's and 60's, but thats because they also come in rear applications)

they simply suck.

any other reason for the locking hubs, other than wanting a spool?

throwing in an auto locker would be much cheaper and easier than ANY recipe for locking hubs on a dana30.
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                      X