Sway bar links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway bar links

What do you guys think of makeing your own sway bar links. I just think they are to simple to spend like 60 bucks on. How long should they be for a 4.5 inch lift? Also, How much stress is put on the links?

I have the JKS ones that i have sitting around, i dont even run swaybars anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
      I have the JKS ones that i have sitting around, i dont even run swaybars anymore..
      yea but im 99% street because i dont have any free time to wheel. even during the summer. So i figure its good to keep.

Comment

What's a Sway Bar?
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i had a longer set made with my wrangler. it doesnt end up being that much cheaper unless you have metal/bushings hanging around already. cost about $10 for 2 pairs shock bushings, tubing with matching ID for bushings, tube to connect the 2 ends, bolts etc.
          up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
          eliminator MJ - Sold
          99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
          Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

sway bars?????
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

im still a student in high school. I learned how to drive my jeep with no sway bars mainly cause the axle bracket broke when we put the front end in. As long as you don't drive like a asshole, you will be fine, some jeeps sway more than others based on the spring rate you're running.
              God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
                What do you guys think of makeing your own sway bar links. I just think they are to simple to spend like 60 bucks on. How long should they be for a 4.5 inch lift? Also, How much stress is put on the links?
                just use the OEM sway bar link ends and put your own tub in the middle.

The sway bar links are tapered to hold the bushing in the center so you might not want to make that.

If you can get tubes to telescope you can slap a pin in it to make them detachable.

Unless you have tube and can do it yourself it will be more expensive to ask someone to make them for you.
                RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                  just use the OEM sway bar link ends and put your own tub in the middle.
                  The sway bar links are tapered to hold the bushing in the center so you might not want to make that.

If you can get tubes to telescope you can slap a pin in it to make them detachable.

Unless you have tube and can do it yourself it will be more expensive to ask someone to make them for you.
                  Like cut the stock ones in half and sleeve it with a tube, drills holes through it for pins?

I will most likely buy them used or new . I didnt think that tey were much more then 2 small peices of tube with a rod/tube down the middle.

Comment

my jeep right now is my one and only vehicle besides my bike

Comment

no need for those things. they just get in the way

Comment

Working...
                      X