X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadwright - Retread tires

Anyone ever hear of these?

http://www.treadwright.com/

I've been trying to find a single negative thing about them but I can't. They take carcasses from tires and put on their own tread, usually imitation to popular tires like BFG's, etc. Their MTGs are cheap as hell

http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/p...rd-dog-mt.aspx

Anyone running these?
    2002 TJ Sport 3" AEV coils with OME LTs

like a zillion people on JF run them and love them. I've heard of failures just about as often as a normal tire would randomly fail.. so not that often.

Comment

It's too bad they discontinued their 33" tire.

I believe Eric Reardon, from SiS past, was looking into buying a set. Don't know if he ever did or not.
      Ryan
      2013 Wrangler

Comment

I was going to buy a set earlier in the year, I did some research on them and they had great reviews all around. The tires I wanted ended up on backorder so I cancelled my order to pick up a new set of STT's.

You can call up and request a specific tire carcass. For example: If you are ordering the MTG's, you can specifically request you get the Goodyear MTR carcass. It may take longer, but you get the stronger MTR sidewalls over a floppy BFG All Terrain.

The only downside is that they have a very limited selection of patterns and sizes. If you can find what your looking for they are a great choice.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter32 View Post

I believe Eric Reardon, from SiS past, was looking into buying a set. Don't know if he ever did or not.
          fucker still owes me 20 dollars
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

I may look more into it unless I can get a good deal at a tire shop, 3 for the price of 4 or something..

Comment

[QUOTE=MikalCarbine;148134]I may look more into it unless I can get a good deal at a tire shop, 3 for the price of 4 or something,..[/QU

Make sure you say what shop you go to cause anyone selling " 3 for the price of 4 or something" i want to make sure i steer clear of!!

Comment

Haha I shopped around and no one would do that, I found some BFG AT KO's on JF, 5 of them on stock ravine rims for about $500 with vetttty nice tread, checking them out tomorrow and will probably buy them

Comment

Originally posted by MikalCarbine View Post
                  I may look more into it unless I can get a good deal at a tire shop, 3 for the price of 4 or something..
                  Clearly you read the kid aboves you response wrong.... it was sarcasm. you said you want to buy 3 for the price of 4....... don't you mean buy 4 for the price of 3...... i'm almost positive if you walked into any tires store and said i want to buy 3 tires but pay for 4 of them im sure they would not have any problems with it.

On a side note ive never heard anything bad about those tires

Comment

Haha wow I just reread that post and caught that, ya 4 for the price of 3 or 5 for the price of 4, etc. What do you think is a decent price for the 5 of those BFGs, used with about 80-90% tread left? I've done a lot of reading about the tires and they seem great in everything but mud. If I can get these cheap that will save me money for a 2.5" RC lift and then I'm ready for some decent wheelin

Comment

id say 500 on rims is a pretty good deal if htey really are 80 to 90% tread

Comment

has anyone here ran them? looking at these but would like to know how you liked em

tires i want are too expensive so i got to settle
                        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

One of my buddies runs them on his diesel, loves them.
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Yeah I have a friend who runs them in 31's on his ZJ and has nothing but good things to say about them.
                            01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MikalCarbine View Post
                              Anyone ever hear of these?

http://www.treadwright.com/

I've been trying to find a single negative thing about them but I can't. They take carcasses from tires and put on their own tread, usually imitation to popular tires like BFG's, etc. Their MTGs are cheap as hell

http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/p...rd-dog-mt.aspx

Anyone running these?
                              Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                              has anyone here ran them? looking at these but would like to know how you liked em

tires i want are too expensive so i got to settle

my old 31s were treadwright mtr style,
                              for the price you really cant beat them

there a little loud if you care about that sorta thing

i have noticed the compound is alot harder than my stt's now, i never chuncked or riped off a lug once, the tread depth was still pretty much new after 10k-ish of drivin. i did wear off the corners a good amount from spinin them a lot on rocks though, but that will happen with anythin.

they are amazing in the snow
                              good in rocks if you run them low psi
                              ok in the mud, kinda pack up quick unless your dead full throttle, but if you are they do work nice
                              an pretty good in the sand for being a mt.

pretty much all i can think of i just woke up
                              97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Working...
                              X