cherokee vs grand cherokee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
    he wants to go with 3-4 inches suspension lift.

What size tire do you think would be good?
    o an tiarz is pretty much just lika xj. non fender cuttin u will probally wana stay under a 33. bump stoped an fender trimed u can run as big as u want. im gona be runnin 35s with a 3.5 any they fit fine, could go up to 37s with crazy trimming.
    97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

Bump

I installed the kit, it was a rough country 3.5 in lift with some other little things. doing this was the WORST mistake i have made when it comes to cars. Being inexperienced deffinatley played a big part in this. My dad was rebuilding his transmission for the dually and couldn't help much, and the kid was able to help here and there. I worked from about 10 am to about 9:30 pm with no breaks, and i still need to do the rear shocks ( the metal sleeve inside the bushing is to small, any ideas?) rear track bar drop, front steering stabilizer, front track bar has to get moved 3/4 of an inch, and the t-case drop.

Some how im going to have to finish this next weekend with two broken knuckles after the coil compressor came off the coil and caught my fingers.
      And he picked up four 32x11.5 km1's on d window fake beadlocks all for $100 from a kid who was spoiled rich and his dad was buying all his shit
      Oh and i told him i would put it in for 130 figuring it would take me like 5-6 hours, and he paid me $200 cash when he left
      Last edited by LittleD; 07-11-2010, 09:53 PM.
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
        Bump

I installed the kit, it was a rough country 3.5 in lift with some other little things. doing this was the WORST mistake i have made when it comes to cars. Being inexperienced deffinatley played a big part in this. My dad was rebuilding his transmission for the dually and couldn't help much, and the kid was able to help here and there. I worked from about 10 am to about 9:30 pm with no breaks, and i still need to do the rear shocks ( the metal sleeve inside the bushing is to small, any ideas?) rear track bar drop, front steering stabilizer, front track bar has to get moved 3/4 of an inch, and the t-case drop.

Some how im going to have to finish this next weekend with two broken knuckles after the coil compressor came off the coil and caught my fingers.
        And he picked up four 32x11.5 km1's on d window fake beadlocks all for $100 from a kid who was spoiled rich and his dad was buying all his shit
        Oh and i told him i would put it in for 130 figuring it would take me like 5-6 hours, and he paid me $200 cash when he left
        i would just try to find a new sleeve thing at home depot, an the rear track bar bracket will be a phawkinnn pain in the balls, once you get in on it will take at least two people to center the axle to get the bolt through the actuall track bar(well at least it did for me). good luck man

xj- need one

Comment

There's gonna be three people including myself to do the rest. The old shocks that we put back in, don't have a metal sleeve so maybe if we take them out it will fit? I spent a good 1/2 hour smacking a pry bar with a hammer against the rear track bar bolt and didn't even get anywhere. The kid said he tightened the bolt when i was done but i don't think he did so it might back itself out of the bushing some.

Oh and i forgot to mention, i ended up doing all the rear lift/control arms with the tires still on because the ass holes at the tire place cross threaded the stud with the lugnut and when we tried to remove the lug nut, the entire stud snapped, along with my ratchet.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

yea dood i would deff go an try to do that bolt again, you dont want that to snap or anythin cuz its in wrong lols

xj- need one

Comment

I know with my XJ when I upgraded my shock the skyjacker shocks came with that little metal sleeve but the sleeve would not even fit over the bolt so I just left it out seeing as how (same with that ZJ) the stock ones didn't have a sleeve. I run them fine with no issues and the sleeves are sitting in the same box they came in. If you want to be 100% sure this is okay. Just use a caliper and measure the I.D. in both the old and new bushings and if the are the same then you are good to go. Also I believe that the sleeve is there to accomadate other vehicles like the wrangler. Here you can see the wide range of vehicle that one shock can fit. So I think that is there for that purpose.
              Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
              93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
              Eric

Comment

Finished it with no problems today. The shocks didn't need that little sleeve on the top so i pressed those out with a c-clamp, bolt and socket. Had to smack the rear track bar bolt out with a punch for about 30 mins before it started to back out. only broke one bolt on the t-case drop, but nothing a torch can't fix . Trimming wasn't bad with a air hack saw type thing. Im trying to get pics cause it looks bad ass with the 11.5 km1

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

puck it up and hope for the best
                    1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
                    1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
                    2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

Working...
                    X