Project: Rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for a second rebuild.

Since I've been trying to get rid of this thing with 0 luck at all (and a few bullshit offers), I decided to just hang on to it and make something of it. Got a little motivated and redid the steering with the Ruff Stuff OTK kit I bought last fall and went through 6 cans of spray paint so far. Also scored a nice set of 35" Coopers on craigslist on wheels. It's finally starting to come together with stuff I have been putting off for the past 2 years. Still have to move the rockers up and eventually do the floors. Going to do some frame stiffeners too. I also got a Ruff Stuff OTA track bar setup on the way that will pair with the OTK. Even with the Rock Krawler setup I have now it doesnt have a terrible amount of bump steer. Drives like a dream right now.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Pretty legit update. I'm stoked that you didn't sell after all gotta be one of my favorite XJs
      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
      https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
      I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
      -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

• Thanks man

Comment

• A little update:

Got the track bar all squared away. Since the Ruff Stuff bracket didnt sit out off the axle enough I had to extend it to make it work. So I laid some booger welds on there and it should hold. I also got around to plating the frame by the steering box on all sides since I cracked it last OER. So, this thing has all new steering linkage with 1 ton TREs and 1/4" DOM, a new track bar with 3/4" heims, a new steering box, a JCR box spacer, and full plating around it. Oh and a MORE brace that has been in there a few years. Holy crap what a difference. I still have to deal with the rocker rust and plate the frame. I also want to build a basic truss on the D30 to tie in the UCA mount and track bar mount. No rush. I'm enjoying having this thing streetable.

This is the best it's ever driven since I've owned it

Comment

• Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
            A little update:

Got the track bar all squared away.
            twice
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
              twice
              whoops

Comment

• Looks like the rot has got the best of this Jeep…

Found a crack in the body/frame next to the front mount for the passenger side leaf spring that is starting to peal apart. I could weld/plate it but the rest of this jeep has just about had it. The floors are 100% shot to the point that its rotted/cracked all up the trans tunnel on the passenger side. This thing would need way too much right now. Looks like a part out is in its near future

Comment

• Sorry dude. If you can swing the money for a cheap stocker swap everything
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                    Sorry dude. If you can swing the money for a cheap stocker swap everything
                    I thought really hard about doing that and it's still an option. If I didn't have the TJ I definitely would.

Comment

• dont unload all of those parts...you can put most of em in another. losing a lot of money on something youre gonna want again and have to rebuild
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

dont unload all of those parts...you can put most of em in another. losing a lot of money on something youre gonna want again and have to rebuild
                        Because then they have to sit in my garage where I have to walk over them
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

dont unload all of those parts...you can put most of em in another. losing a lot of money on something youre gonna want again and have to rebuild
                          If I end up not parting and getting another XJ I will be building it much more mild than this one. Some parts, if they don't sell, will transfer to the TJ. If I buy another vehicle it will most likely be another pickup. I miss having a truck

Comment

Working...
                          X