new chicky from ct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitekee99 View Post
    good to know but then again ive noticed everyone has different opinions about every mod you do and everyone has different answers for straight to the point questions so i duno what to believe. sOo maybe you can tell me if 210 is too hot for my engine and if i can feel the heat of the tranny through my center console is that a bad thing?
    the reason we did the new rad, tstat &h2o pump is cause we thought 210 was too hot. but half are saying yes and half are saying no. &when we fixed all this it went a bit lower but not by much. we were thinking about a super cooler for both the tranny and a special racing fluid to cool the coolant i forgot the name but its something like the royal purple version. http://www.royalpurple.com/radiator-...899&OVNDID=ND1
    i just dont want my jeep to crap out at 83k.

as for more pics
    all of em loaded on to the jeepz.com website so click this link til i make a photobucket account
    http://www.jeepz.com/gallery/showgal...0/ppuser/12997

and justtorchit thanks for the huge pic of poo
    210 is fine

the tranny heat is normal, but depends on how hot until i worry about it. with oversize tires a cheap tranny cooler is a good investment. if you have the carpet out you could cook eggs on the floorpans on some of these these xj's.

i have never run any special fluid in my tranny and i beat the crap out of my xj's. the body has always been deystroyed before anything else.

and 82k miles is a baby. if you take care of them xj's will never die.
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

yay for more girls, welcome!
      i used to work in middletown..
      erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        210 is fine

the tranny heat is normal, but depends on how hot until i worry about it. with oversize tires a cheap tranny cooler is a good investment. if you have the carpet out you could cook eggs on the floorpans on some of these these xj's.

i have never run any special fluid in my tranny and i beat the crap out of my xj's. the body has always been deystroyed before anything else.

and 82k miles is a baby. if you take care of them xj's will never die.
        well i just want to prevent the tranny from going out beneath me. everyone says that xjs will never die and then they say... well except for that tranny. as it is sometimes it jumps when i start driving but we think thats just the axle and possibly a warped driveshaft depending on how long that axles been bent and the lifts been on. ill go with the super cooler just to be safe im just trying to prioritize cause my bank accounts pretty low right now. im thinking dana 40, fix leaks in oil pan then super cooler.

did you check the pics... like i said in my into, the bodys perfect except for the cracked bumper but easy fix, or i may even get a custom one so it can match the side steps. weve got a welder down the street that can give us a decent price.

as for middletown... yea have you ever been to the brownstone quarry right over the bridge in portland? its like a water adventure sports park across from the liquid asphalt company. i work there and the state forest in east hampton/glastonbury/cobalt is the short cut i was talking about for work.
        Originally posted by XJLI
        never say, or think, that your jeep is running good.

ever.
        ^known from experience on more than one occasion

99 cherokee- 31s on 2"-ish, teraflex disc conversion
        eh that's all at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by whitekee99
          and justtorchit thanks for the huge pic of poo
          BUAHAHAHAHAHA

welcome to the site, hope you stick around. shit gets weird here sometimes hahaha
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
            BUAHAHAHAHAHA

welcome to the site, hope you stick around. shit gets weird here sometimes hahaha
            yea thanks i think i needed that warning before you all called bs.

ever.

Comment

you'll get used to it.
              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

well i just want to prevent the tranny from going out beneath me. everyone says that xjs will never die and then they say... well except for that tranny.
                that makes no sense.. the AW4 is almost as bulletproof as the 4.0. as in, the 4.0 will run without oil for a bit before it complains, the aw4 might just not work if that happens.

the tranny is toyota made essentially, only the chrysler trannies (in the ZJ/WJ) are the ones id worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                  that makes no sense.. the AW4 is almost as bulletproof as the 4.0. as in, the 4.0 will run without oil for a bit before it complains, the aw4 might just not work if that happens.

the tranny is toyota made essentially, only the chrysler trannies (in the ZJ/WJ) are the ones id worry about.
                  my 32rh would disagree with you

I did however run my 4.0 with the same oil over like 8 months and 12k miles. Didnt seem to change anything
                  You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

as for middletown... yea have you ever been to the brownstone quarry right over the bridge in portland? its like a water adventure sports park across from the liquid asphalt company. i work there and the state forest in east hampton/glastonbury/cobalt is the short cut i was talking about for work.
                    ah i haven't been there, but my boyfriend's mom bought us a gift certificate to go there for the zip lines. we're gonna go when it gets warm out
                    erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

Bewbers! Someone say boobs? Where?

HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                      OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainInsano View Post
                        Bewbers! Someone say boobs? Where?

You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Hey, Welcome to the site.
                          Cute sun visor. lawl
                          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                            my 32rh would disagree with you

I did however run my 4.0 with the same oil over like 8 months and 12k miles. Didnt seem to change anything
                            well, its in the TJ too i just didnt write that

Comment

...where do you go wheelin then? im down for new places.
                              pennsylvania, maine, nova scotia,tenessee,cali, colorado to name a few

oh and some trials in mass a little private land in ri and a couple trails in ri
                              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

actually my bf and his friend went dirtbiking and thats when i finally starting looking for a new vehicle. landcruiser/samurai/cherokees search on cars.com became my homepage... i have a pic of the ride geoff showed me when he got back.... hold on. &theyre on the trails im talking about

ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X