New BFG AT KO-Deuce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New BFG AT KO-Deuce

Any thoughts? After my busted lug studs incident, my front tiure is more toast than I'm really happy driving on. So I'm looking at buying something new.

I remember the old AT being hard as a rock and they'd dry rot before they showed signs of use. MAyeb this one is better?

I can't find anything else semi aggressive in 245/65r17... maybe you folx know something I don.t
    dirty30

After a solid 5-minute search, I also found the newerish Fallken WildPeaks, which seem like a great tire too. I know they were a success on another infamous WJ...
    dirty30

Comment

i was never impressed by Wild peaks. BFG AT was always a good tire IMO
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

I never ran the OG BFG AT, I just know that compared to others they wore slowly and were hard compound.

Not that I'd mind that on a DD like the WJ, but I know it translates to some added noise. The Falkens are also >$30 less a tire. Which, may seem like small beans, but for the savings I can put new tires on like three mopeds
        dirty30

Comment

BFG ATs are the best all around tire on the planet.

I ran the wildpeaks on my WJ when I first lifted it. I was most impressed with them offroad, but on road they were just ok. Rain was decent, snow was meh. Decent tire for the price, but there is much better out there.
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I ran the OG KO's on the original SupermanXj and loved em. never had a problem offroad and on road they seemed to be sweet... my freind i sold the jeep to ran em for another 50,000 miles for a total of around 65,000 miles and FWIW he bought another set for the jeep.

My father put a set of KO2's on his work truck a year ago ('14 F-250 platinum) and is at about 65000 miles on them and he says they are noisy... of course he is used to highway treads since he is going back to michelins mtx's when he needs to change.
            2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
            • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
            • 4.0/42rle/np241or
            • 5.13's
            • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
            • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

I just got the KO2s on the F250, they seems to do well, nothing to complain about. They hook up in wet weather on pavment even when im in boost. they are quiet.
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

go BFG AT and have no regrets
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                  go BFG AT and have no regrets
                  Pretty much, and they look a million times cooler than an other AT on the market.
                  P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Hs anyone seeen the new Wildpeak AT/3W in action though?

I mean, that's not a terrible looking tire. And definitely has a more aggressive tread set than the previous Wildpeaks
                    dirty30

Comment

cant say i have ever seen those
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I was actually reading some reviews on JF last week about them as I was thinking them for my JK eventually. Seems pretty slightly maybe above average.
                        P8R

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                          Seems pretty slightly maybe above average.
                          Sounds like it was made for me
                          dirty30

Comment

you guys and your falkens
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                              Sounds like it was made for me
                              LOL. Honestly you'd probably be fine with them and that was a couple reviews. I was looking at them because they look more aggressive than most ATs and are almost that "betweener" tire. I would buy them just to try them and can't beat the price of them. I think they have a 55k warranty too
                              P8R

Comment

Working...
                              X