comp help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comp help

a friend of mines laptop froze up and when she turns it on her screen is just black the mouse is there. she was told that she is going to lose everything on her comp when they restore the system. is there any way to retrieve files off a hard drive?????

yup.
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

wow thanks, details?

Comment

lol if you dont know how to do it, telling you over the internet might be useless.

i would get a linux live cd boot the comp off of that with a portable hard drive attatched and move files.

if you cant get that to work remove hard drive and connect it to a mac/linux (or last option) pc and see if you can read it.
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i wish i spoke your language. i looked around and found some programs online that seem like they might work.

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
            lol if you dont know how to do it, telling you over the internet might be useless.

i would get a linux live cd boot the comp off of that with a portable hard drive attatched and move files.

if you cant get that to work remove hard drive and connect it to a mac/linux (or last option) pc and see if you can read it.
            big x2 there.

Comment

well shes in NH at Keene State College and apparently they have one guy there in the IT department that doesnt kno how to do that

Comment

not surprised at all.

my work just dropped 30k on MSDS (meterial safty data sheet) pro server. B4 i installed it I called the IT guy at the company (this is a company that ONLY MAKES THIS SOFTWARE). i asked him what backend the database ran off of and what the web server ran off of and he couldn't even answer me. i was blown away. i mean i could understand if he had too support 50 other products... but no! only 1. and those were just tip of the iceberg questions. freakin idiots.

Comment

my dad works for netzero and he solves more IT problems than the IT guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X