Land use in CT/ Lack of Offroad parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land use in CT/ Lack of Offroad parks

As we all know there are no legal places to go wheelin in the state of CT. My question that surrounds this fact is this, is it possible to get permission to use state owned land for offroading? Other states do this and just wondering if its possible to get this ball rolling and allow people to enjoy safe and responsible offroad fun.

Moab is a perfect example, there are thousands of miles of trails that are obviously not privately owned and just wanted to ask if anyone had any insight into this.

CT needs some offroad parks and majority of people arent going to afford buying hundreds of acres of land to start one of their own. We need to find out how to get an offroad park opened with permission to use land that is state owned.

05 Black Rubicon

I hate to be 'that guy', but i just dont see it ever happening in our lifetime, unless someone with gobs of money comes along that is a big enough rock crawling enthusiast to open a park on his private land and makes a move.

people in power to make decisions in CT simply dont care about off roading and it has such a negative connotation as it stands that no one in this stupid ignorant state will ever go for it on public land. there is even land in this area that you cant ride a bike on, let alone a car.

people see "off roaders" and think mud trucks with no exhaust, confederate flags, deep ruts in a marsh, and beer. oh and cut off flannel shirts. and the biggest problem IMO, dirt bikes and ATVs.

the ignorance built by the minority against the activity here will forever curse the majority. if the state doesnt stand to make money hand over fist, they arent going to care...and no one ever got rich running an OHV park.

plus conservationists will be fighting against it, so on. the list goes on and on and on
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

to further my rant:

the state and towns close land to off road clubs, so therefore people illegally ride the land and dump garbage, parts, so on...and ironically so, the people who would have actually cleaned it (the clubs) are banned from going there...and the people who banned it dont actually care about the land, they just want to ban the big bad off roaders, so they arent going to go clean it up themselves.

this club would gladly clean 100 acres where theres dumping if it meant we could wheel it a few times a year, but the answer will always be no. endless revolving door
      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        I hate to be 'that guy', but i just dont see it ever happening in our lifetime, unless someone with gobs of money comes along that is a big enough rock crawling enthusiast to open a park on his private land and makes a move.

Yeah, no, not in CT

people in power to make decisions in CT simply dont care about off roading and it has such a negative connotation as it stands that no one in this stupid ignorant state will ever go for it on public land. there is even land in this area that you cant ride a bike on, let alone a car.

Tree huggers

people see "off roaders" and think mud trucks with no exhaust, confederate flags, deep ruts in a marsh, and beer. oh and cut off flannel shirts. and the biggest problem IMO, dirt bikes and ATVs.

Zullo?

the ignorance built by the minority against the activity here will forever curse the majority. if the state doesnt stand to make money hand over fist, they arent going to care...and no one ever got rich running an OHV park.

Sadly true

plus conservationists will be fighting against it, so on. the list goes on and on and on
        X2
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

this is why there will never be public off roading in the state of CT, and barely any private off roading to speak of.

http://www.stopthrillcraft.org/

this is the publics general view of off roading, and the propaganda that is fed to people via TV. dumb rednecks.

Travel Channel plays off the stereotype and profits nicely, while further ingraining this image:
          http://www.travelchannel.com/interes...tos/mud-people

- Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

OMG The cliche
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

whats wrong with cut off flannel shirts will...i resent that.
              1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

Originally posted by tjramplebump View Post
                whats wrong with cut off flannel shirts will...i resent that.
                because obviously anyone with a cut off flannel shirt digs ruts in fresh marshes and streams, hootin and hollerin wavin beer in the air while full throttle on a big carb'd V8

get it?
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

oh hell yea i do that on the daily sonion
                  1998 Jetta GLX VR6 Raceland Optimo coilovers, c2 chip, CAI, straightpipe to magnaflow muffler, e-codes, billet alum. crackpipe. 42 draft designs SAI blockoff.

Comment

we should all chip in $5 and buy two tree hundred acres
                    05 Black Rubicon

Comment

thread over
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

your rant really puts it into perspective though and it sucks that the state wont allow permission to wheel
                        05 Black Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by AngryTJ View Post
                          your rant really puts it into perspective though and it sucks that the state wont allow permission to wheel
                          It's also more than just the state. Even if you obtained 4000 acres to wheel, now you have to battle your neighbors who will complain about even the slightest noise on a Sunday afternoon. Milford Riders is always at ends with the people who live around the area, but luckily the city of Milford sticks up for the autocross track and tells the residents there that they either get used to it or move out.

Get enough people complaining and the state has to gets involved via police. That's why ATVs and Dirtbikes get the most bad rap because they are fucking loud and obnoxious, let's face it.

Buy all the land you want and then be ready to buy your neighbors, too.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                            It's also more than just the state. Even if you obtained 4000 acres to wheel, now you have to battle your neighbors who will complain about even the slightest noise on a Sunday afternoon. Milford Riders is always at ends with the people who live around the area, but luckily the city of Milford sticks up for the autocross track and tells the residents there that they either get used to it or move out.

Get enough people complaining and the state has to gets involved via police. That's why ATVs and Dirtbikes get the most bad rap because they are fucking loud and obnoxious, let's face it.

Buy all the land you want and then be ready to buy your neighbors, too.
                            thats the next thing

lets say you somehow in some alternate dimension convince the state of CT to allow wheeling land..now you have every self entitled neighbor douchebag looking out their window all day making complaints and petitioning the town to shut you down because they dont agree with it or understand it...due to the connotation.

that has already happened all over the place. that is why coy hill in MA closed.
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

even in the moab example...there are wealthy people who literally buy sections of moab for the sole purpose of making it so OHVs cant drive on it.

lions back for example, closed for no reason.

dump bump. closed.
                              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                              X