SYE & Driveshaft for my np231 zj?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYE & Driveshaft for my np231 zj?

my slipyoke driveshaft is worn out, wont even hold u joints anymore. what brand sye and driveshaft should i get? its a 98 5.9 with a 231 swapped in.

thanks guys

I've been very happy with my JB Super-Short SYE and Tatton driveshaft in my YJ, but you probably don't need a super-short since you have a longer wheelbase. I do recommend Tatton driveshafts though. They are of great quality with a price well below Tom Woods

Comment

i was going to go advance adapters and tom woods, not 100% sure what setup i need, there are a ton of options

Comment

Do not buy any other SYE other than one from Advance Adapters else it will leak. You will regret trying to save 20 bucks.

For shafts, call Tom Woods and tell them John from Hack Shack Racing sent you and they will have you take a measurement after you install your SYE from yoke to yoke and build the shaft around those dimensions. You'll be buying a double cardan/CV driveshaft.

I have also worked with Curtis Tatton in the past and he's not bad at all. I believe Woods to be higher quality and superb customer service in comparison though.
        Hack Shack Racing #4632 Jeep TJ

Comment

thanks guys, got my driveshaft problems takeb care of, now time for steering upgrade

Comment

Also note when you go to a SYE and a double cardan (CV) joint the rear axle will need to be tilted up so there is actually no angle on the u-joint at the rear diff.

With single joint you match the angles with a double cardan joint the 2 joints are matched in the CV joint so the 3rd joint needs to be straight.

I installed but haven't used yet the JB super short SYE in my buggy. I liked the design.
            With a ZJ you probably don't need the extra length.

For your information a 231 with a super short SYE is the same exact length as an Atlas.
            So I can swap T-cases and reuse the rear driveshaft. I just have an extended front stub Drive shaft.

Another option is the NP241 built in SYE with a slightly stronger Chain setup.
            http://www.neow.net/index.php?/topic...transfer-case/
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Working...
            X